Geography is staffed by a team of four well-qualified graduate teachers. We pride ourselves on the importance of every child in our care and seek to develop their potential and skills. We believe in the importance of fieldwork and the practical application of Geographical skills. We endeavour to provide a set of courses well-suited to the needs of our individual learners.
As a department we have chosen AQA syllabus in both GCSE and A'level.
Key Stage 3
In Geography at KS3, students will study Geographical Skills, to include map work and fieldwork, and places at local, national and international level. Themes include Physical, Human and Environmental Geography.
GCSE AQA Geography A
Living with the physical environment
- 3.1.1 Section A: The challenge of natural hazards
- 3.1.2 Section B: The living world
- 3.1.3 Section C: Physical landscapes in the UK
Challenges in the human environment
- 3.2.1 Section A: Urban issues and challenges
- 3.2.2 Section B: The changing economic world
- 3.2.3 Section C: The challenge of resource management
AQA website -http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geography